Healthy Fast Food Choices For Kids
Fast food refers to food that can be served quickly. If you are hungry and on the run, fast food can really hit the spot. It’s tasty, cheap, and above all, it is convenient. Finding well-balanced and healthy fast food choices for kids in most restaurants is a challenge. But you just need to know where to look and what to order because there are always healthier options hidden among them.
It’s no wonder parents have to take kids outside for restaurants once a week. It’s a battle of parents to convince their little one- who’s being a little monster, to eat healthy food instead of the French fries. To get your kid to order healthy options, first you have to know what those options are.
There is such a thing as healthy fast food that cannot lead you to poor nutrition or poor health. You can order a meal for kids that have fewer calories and a moderate amount of fats with ample protein and fiber.
Here are 10 of the healthy fast food choices for kids:
- Subway veggie delight sandwich: Get it with juice and apple slices and no cheese.
- Subway roast beef sandwich: Get this sandwich with wheat bread, without cheese.
- Macaroni: Get your kids chicken and veggie filled macaroni with flavored milk. Make sure it has no cheese or high-fat content.
- Grilled chicken drumsticks: These are delicious and kids love it. Have these with no sweet dipping.
- The corn of the cob: Sweet boiled corn is healthy and has fewer calories. Get this for your kids along with some grilled fish or chicken.
- Junior burger: Burgers are always dearest to kids. Give them plain grilled chicken and vegetable patty with salad. Even happy meals have an option of plain burgers.
- Caesar salad and pasta: Chopped Caesar salad with chunks of spiced chicken and pasta is the healthiest fast food for your kids.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Many fast-food chains offer great grilled chicken sandwiches. Order it without mayo or creamy sauces, and go for a honey-mustard sauce.
- Baked potatoes: chili topped baked potato is a satisfying meal for your kids; you can have yoghurt dips with it.
- Popcorn chicken: your kids will enjoy this. Make sure they don’t consume any fizzy drinks with it. Orange juice goes best with it.
The body needs fuel in a way of food. Your food determines the overall health and has a direct impact on how you feel as well. Fast food is highly processed and contains large amounts of carbohydrates, unhealthy fats, sugar and sodium. To provide nutritional value meals, opt for these healthy fast food choices for kids that have a low content of calories.